PDA

View Full Version : Wantagh Train Station

Joe Senzatimore
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
A replica of an old LIRR train station in our town. I have seen many shots of this and always wanted to do something different with it. This was a 5 image HDR which was tonemapped , then brought into fractalius and applied an Impression 2 filter and tweeked it.
Interested in your thoughts.

denise ippolito
08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Fun and full of interest Joe. It's a really nice scene and you captured it well. I like your use of the filters. I might reduce the sky color just a hair but the colors do fit the feel of the image! Nice work.:S3:

Maureen Allen
08-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I like the way the colors blend on the building and the reflected color in the front window. Nice!

Kerry Perkins
08-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Joe, this is really colorful and grabs the eye with a lot of interest. Nice job with the combo of HDR and fracting. I might try to minimize the barrel distortion from the wide angle lens a bit. Good show!

Dave Mills
08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi Joe, I feel you filled the frame nicely and good use of filters. I might straighten out the pole on the rt. otherwise well handled...

Indranil Sircar
08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Wonderful composition, Joe. I like the viewpoint and how the rail track draws the eye. The colors are wonderful as is your use of the filter. Agree with Kerry and Dave on fixing the distortion. Nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey Joe,
Cool PP'ing effects! I would tone down the cyan in the sky and go more blue.....perhaps in the field.....going a bit lower to eliminate the branches coming in from the top? I haven't been ther so not sure possible but something to consider for in the field. Let us know!

Joe Senzatimore
08-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Hey Joe,
Cool PP'ing effects! I would tone down the cyan in the sky and go more blue.....perhaps in the field.....going a bit lower to eliminate the branches coming in from the top? I haven't been ther so not sure possible but something to consider for in the field. Let us know!

Thanks Roman. I composed with the branches as I wanted them as a framing element. Also was shot with a fish-eye lens. Thus the curvature in the pole.

Jay Sheinfield
08-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Excellent. Great colors and effects. Nicely done.

Andrew McLachlan
08-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi Joe, love the comp and the fractalius effect you have here. Agree on toning down the sky a little. Very nice work!