PDA

View Full Version : Cape mountain Zebra

peter delaney
08-05-2011, 01:54 AM
D2XS 200-400mm 1/1250 f4 iso 200 ,

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Hi Peter, will comment more later, but is it me, or too early in the morning, but has some Quink ink been spilt on the Zebra? Looks like a slight blue haze in parts?:bg3:

Steve

peter delaney
08-05-2011, 02:40 AM
You are just dazzled by the stripes... plus you live in UK , you have forgotten what the colour blue looks like....:S3:... I have just had quick look again... no blues/cyan in Zebra at all .. just a little in BKG ...

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2011, 03:03 AM
True, blues skies are not that prolific compared to SA, but we seem to be doing well on the Cricket front at present. :bg3:

Seriously I think it must be an optical thing for me, it's not so pronounced on the Eizo compared to the MB pro, (not ideal first thing). Nice expanse of BKG which conveys the scene well, with good warm, rich tones. I guess the f/4 really separated the subject from the BKG with no use of NR. Being really 'picky' I like the fact the ear is just with the mountain & doesn't break or intersects it.

Nice one.

Steve

Robert Amoruso
08-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Peter,

I am not sure if moving your position was possible, but if it was either right or left (preferably left) would have alleviated the ear/mountain intersection and gotten the ear well in front of the mountain BG.

The fact this is my only enhancement comment demonstrates how well the image is composed and how pleasing the surroundings are in relation to the zebra. Green bush well placed and balances image well. Looks a lot like mountains in New Mexico, USA. And no blue in that animal Steve.

Ofer Levy
08-05-2011, 07:49 AM
This is a beautiful image! Here is a repost with some off the top which I feel works nicely.

Vivaldo Damilano
08-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Fantastic light and colours. Great to see the environment, the BG mountains and clouds also add IMO. The D2xs is still produces stunning images Well Done Peter.

Grant Atkinson
08-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice shot Peter, excellent finish to the shot, and wonderful habitat for the zebra to be framed in. Takes me right back there...
TFS
Grant

Steve Canuel
08-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Great looking place to be a zebra! Like how you've placed the pointy peak above the rump of the zebra. Prefer the OP because of how the peaks of the clouds mirror the mountains.

Morkel Erasmus
08-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Lovely capture Peter...always enjoy seeing images from MZNP. Was this a while ago? If not why were you using the D2XS? :t3
I prefer your OP with the clouds fully visible as opposed to Ofer's repost which has the clouds 'chopped off'...

DanWalters
08-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Really like the light and composition. Like the mountains in the background.