PDA

View Full Version : Brasserie

Dave Mills
08-04-2011, 09:02 AM
This was taken around 7AM in the beautiful city of Arles,France. Just as I was ready to take the shot a postal truck pulls up right in front. Had to wait 10 minutes until he left.
Used PB and Topaz detail for sharpness.

Susan Candelario
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey Dave,
Well worth the wait IMO :w3 I really like the comp, colors and your use of PB. The sky is lovely too. I do see a slight distortion so I took into PS (hope you don't mind) and in order to not lose the edge on left of the image while correcting the distortion, I duplicated the layer, use the transform tool and pressed the cmd/ctrl key while pulling the upper left corner handle a bit to straighten it out. I then used a layer mask to hide the effect on the left side. Very minor tweak for a beautiful image that I would be happy to hang in my wall. :bg3:

Nancy Bell
08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Dave, this is awesome with beautiful clean light (and no postal truck!). I love the effect the filters have on the textures and colors. It's exactly how I picture a European town.

Andrew McLachlan
08-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Hi Dave, very lovely image and processing too! Susan's tweak for the distortion works very well.

Indranil Sircar
08-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Beautiful setting and composition, Dave. I like the effect and colors. Wonderful lighting.

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Dave,
I like the PP'ing effects you applied.....but I would crop from the LH side.....to eliminate the sky/clipped roofline. Susan tweaks and the crop.....will put this over the top!