F8
1/2000
ISO 400
HH laying in the gravel

I decided to give this guy more space in the crop

gail bisson
08-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Good morning Noelle!
I really like the egrets' walking pose, the water trail behind the bird and the environmental feel to this image. I like the comp as well.I might take a bit off the bottom. My only nit with this one is that I find the BG a bit overwhelming (the vertical stripes in the brown layer) I am not sure how to do this but can you tone it down somehow?
Gail

Stu Bowie
08-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Noelle, what a stately walking pose, and you have exposed the egret very well. I think you have nailed the space all round perfectly, but having said that, just a little off the right wont harm this at all. Im fine with the BG as is, as I have many BG's here that look like that.

Chad Caswell
08-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Now that's a purrrty shot! Fantastic dastically composed and great exposure achieved on this little buddy of ours :S3::S3::S3::w3

Phil Ertel
08-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Noelle,

I think the pose you captured is very appealing. The raised foot really makes the image. I like that you you have kept the bird reasonably small. The appears sharp and well exposed. I also am OK with the background as it is burred just enough to not distract from the bird and yet stills gives us a hint of the bird's natural surroundings. If this were mine I would consider a crop that would place the head of the bird in the upper right rule of thirds. Nicely done!

Regards,

Phil