PDA

View Full Version : Common Blue Polyommatus icarus

Jonathan Ashton
08-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Got one at last - hopefully more ...........and better to come!:S3:

All C & C welcome.

John Storjohann
08-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Jonathan, this is a great image...those are tiny little butterflies, and you've captured this one in a beautiful pose and kept very good detail on both the body and the antenna and head. Nice DOF balance between keeping your subject sharp and a smoothness to the BG; the splash of color from the purple bloom on the thistle sets the image off. Well done!

kostas nianiopoulos
08-04-2011, 07:56 AM
good color of this guy , wish this pedal of the flower wasnt on the wings , but u could clone it out easy , and maybe a bit more contact eye :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey Jonathan,
Excellent job on the light and comp her with a great balance. I do like the BG too! Yeah....maybe a bit of a better angle.....but still a very nice one!

Steve Maxson
08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Jonathan. Please remember to include he shooting specs with your post. :S3: It can be challenging to get a clear view of these tiny butterflies when they settle down into a flower like this - you did a good job getting a clear view of the head and front leg. The background is pleasingly OOF and I like the comp. I would wish that the butterfly was facing more towards us, but a move to your left would likely have obscured the view of the butterfly's head. I hope to see more images of these little guys.