PDA

View Full Version : Water Drops on Lotus Petals

John Storjohann
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Another one I'm straddling the fence with...a lot of one color, but I like the texture and water droplets. Taken at the Prairie Garden Trust in central Missouri; 180mm, f/16@1/80. RAW image processed in LR; tonal curve applied in PS.

Steve Maxson
08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi John. This image has a lot of interesting elements in it - perhaps too many. :S3: The colors and sharpness on the left draws my eye there, but then the lightness on the right side draws my eye there. It's like you have two focal points competing for my attention. IMO the left side contains the strongest elements - you might consider cropping just to the right of the large water drop near the center of the frame. This is all quite subjective so it will be interesting to hear what the others think. I think you have the makings of a strong image here.

John Storjohann
08-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Thank you for your comments, Steve...I'm wondering if rotating the entire image to the left 90 degrees..and putting it in a vertical format....the color at the bottom...would help balance it as well. Is the attached what you had in mind?

Nancy Bell
08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
I love the delicate-ness of this image. I think the repost is excellent, emphasizing the vertical elements with the hint of pink. Then my eye goes to the densely packed drops (amazing how those formed like that) and slides down the textured petals to the large drops. It's almost like a delicious slide down an ice cream cone!

christopher galeski
08-04-2011, 05:26 AM
the repost is the one for me,nice soft colors,like the pattern of the water drops.thanks.

kostas nianiopoulos
08-04-2011, 07:56 AM
good control of the white , good image :)

Steve Maxson
08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
John - the repost is exactly what I was thinking. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Yep....repost was the way to go John! Great job following the suggestions!

John Storjohann
08-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Thank you for all of the comments...I have one more take on this image. I rotated the image 90 degrees CW...took a sliver off of the top and the right...and toned down the highlights on the URC so that the eye isn't drawn so strongly to that corner of the image...what do you think?

Steve Maxson
08-06-2011, 10:01 AM
I think this works quite well also. Good job of finding multiple strong images within the same frame. :S3: