PDA

View Full Version : An Arches Vista

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 12:50 PM
This is not an easy location to find.....even though it is right off the road! I have seen the image in a few galleries.....so decided to find the location for myself. I do have a pano stitch of this......but first I shot it at 17mm.......knowing I would crop it into a pano! If I had better clouds.......then I may have gone with more sky. That's courthouse towers on the right and the gossips on the left. One of my favorite areas in the park and I visit it every time I run my tour there!

Canon EOS 1D Mark lll wiith the 17-40mm lens at 17mm (lens correction run in PS) at f16 for 1/250 sec. at ISO 400 HH. Yes....it was bright enough! Removed a sliver of the road. Saved at 75 quality

Dave Mills
08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi Roman, your right..the exact spot to get all this in is not easy to line up. I attempted this a number of years ago but had dismal light. This comp works very well as a pano with 4 main subjects. The clouds certainly have enough interest to include and the light is just right(poetic) Very well handled...

John Storjohann
08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Roman, this is a beautiful capture...the clouds may not be over the top dramatic, but Dave is right..they hold your interest...and the light and color is wonderful. One my list of "need to photograph" regions of the country. Great job!

dankearl
08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Nice Roman, the rock formations look great, I do think the solid gray clouds dampen the image some, but you found a great spot to shoot from.

Nick Palmieri
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I am not sure if you took that with me but I do remember our search for that spot. I like the clouds and your position allows for full view of all the cool arches. For those not familiar with Roman's work, his tours of Arches are second to none!

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey Roman, nicely done, worth the effort to find this location. Like the pano crop here. Beautiful!

Rachel Hollander
08-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Roman - I agree with the others, it was worth the effort to find. Great choice on the pano. Looks desolate.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Clouds are AOK with me. Their darkness helps to offset the brighter FG and provide good layering in the image thus enhancing a sense of depth.

Judy Howle
08-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I like everything about it Roman, including the pano crop. I agree with Robert and think that the dark clouds work well as a background for the bright arches.

Jay Gould
08-05-2011, 01:06 AM
This is sooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooool. :cheers:

Don Lacy
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Wonderful grand landscape Roman.