PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse at Le Grau du Roi

Dave Mills
08-03-2011, 10:12 AM
This was taken about 6:30 AM and my first real shoot of the trip to France. I found the harbor quite cluttered(what else is new) but when I walked to the other side of the canal I saw a clear shot with a foreground.
Nikon D300,17-85,F22,1/30,polarizer, ISO 400,tripod mtd

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Dave,
Not always easy shooting at a harbor! I like the boat tied up in the FG.....possibly want more of it but my bet would be that there was more "stuff" that would have interfered so works as an anchor (had to say it:bg3:)! Only recommendation I have is selectively toning down the lighthouse....just a few points to make it stand out more. All in a a very nice scene and well composed.

dankearl
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Dave, my favorite so far from your trip.
I like the crop, the tip of the boat leads you to the lighthouse, a larger crop and the boat may have been the dominate feature.
The colors are really nice, a few clouds would have put it over the top.

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi Dave, a very nice comp. The boat works very well as the foreground element. You have captured some very beautiful images during your trip. Well done!

Rachel Hollander
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Dave - I too like the comp with the lighthouse reflection and the boat in the fg. Nice color and light too.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Dave,

Needs a CW rotation, but other then that nicely done as discussed above. I do like your FG anchor :tinysmile_shy_t:.

Judy Howle
08-04-2011, 08:06 AM
I think everything I like about your photo has already been expressed - excellent composition with the boat as a foreground element, and I like the rich colors.