PDA

View Full Version : Bumble Bee

Maureen Allen
08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I chased this bumble bee from flower to flower this afternoon for the longest time trying to get a flight picture.

Topaz adjust, topaz clean and a little touch of PB/Oil.

Paul Lagasi
08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Nice stop action image, I might add a bit of sharpening to the head of the bee...nice capture, they are tough

Jay Sheinfield
08-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Maureen, Agree with Paul the bee could use a bit of sharpening. You might consider toning down the BG to have the Bee stand out more. Tough capture, these guys don't hold still. You did well with what you had to work with.

Dave Woeller
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Lots of patience here (not my strong suit) and it paid off. I agree with Paul and Jay on a touch of sharpening and also the thought on darkening the background a bit. I like the balance of the shot. Hard to get with this much random action.

denise ippolito
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Maureen, Nice complimentary colors and I like the feet dangling, you did a good job with the capture. Just a few more tweaks as mentioned by Paul and Jay.:S3:

Maureen Allen
08-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to sharpen the beast a bit and try toning down the background :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Hey Maureen,
Great tweaks mentioned above already....and super job on the patience and flight capture!!! Not easy at all!

Maureen Allen
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks Roman. I'll probably chase this guy around again this afternoon - trying for that perfect bumble head angle :bg3:

I'm loving the new macro lens and the twin flashes should arrive tomorrow. Oh fun!

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Roman. I'll probably chase this guy around again this afternoon - trying for that perfect bumble head angle :bg3:

I'm loving the new macro lens and the twin flashes should arrive tomorrow. Oh fun!

The twin flashes are going to open up a whole new world for you! Just remember to have them pointed correctly and most of the time.....you will power them down. Try to keep as much ambient light as you can and fill it in with the flash! Certain subjects will leave more specular highlights.....and shiny leaf surfaces are deadly! Have a great time exploring with the new gear and looking forward to seeing the results!

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice capture Maureen. Agree with above comments. Looking forward to seeing more macro work from you. My macro lens is probably my most favorite lens.

Maureen Allen
08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks Andrew :S3: