PDA

View Full Version : The Brooklyn Bridge

Nick Palmieri
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Shot this the other day on our trip to NY to shoot the Brooklyn Bridge. Unfortunately we missed most of the sunset due to clouds, but I managed to save some of the images with filters. This started as a 3 image HDR processed in Photomatix, I then pulled it into DAP and used Illustrator. I brought the DAP version and the original version into Photoshop layers and used PB on the DAP layer, I then masked out some most of the bridge, merged the layers and added a frame.........The tower with the cranes on top is the new Freedom Tower at the sight of the former twin-towers.

Susan Candelario
08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey Nick,
It was a fun evening. I like your creativity on this one. I like how the colors turned out and the acid like burned edges. I also like the separation on the sides of the Freedom Tower making it stand out. Nice job as usual! :5

Dave Mills
08-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Nick, I like the fact that you branch out into all different areas of photography and experiment using different techniques. This image is no exception where you used a series of filters and PS manipulation. The colors and buildings being soft are appealing to my eye and I can still see detail throughout. In this type of image it is sometimes difficult to frame the comp and have it flow well and I believe you succeeded.
Creative!!

Paul Lagasi
08-03-2011, 02:18 AM
I love the colors on this one, the sky, the old bridge with the new skyscrapers in the background..cool border, well done

Hilary Hann
08-03-2011, 03:37 AM
My first view of the Freedom Tower! Nice use of various filters and software to get your final image. Sometimes the hardest thing is to have a vision of where you want to go, once you do, getting there is often the easier part of the journey. You've made 'man made' look pretty attractive.

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Hey Nick,
Very nice variation of the straight up shot! I usually don't like borders but the tones and edges seem to work. May tweak the mid tone slider a bit....just to see if that gives the skyline a bit more punch. Nicely done overall and a creative take!

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Nick, this turned out very nice. I really like the tones in the image and the effect you have created. The border is also a nice finishing touch. Nice one!