PDA

View Full Version : Katydid

OvidiuCavasdan
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
40D, EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
F14
1/15 sec
ISO 400
Shoot this in the garden, the pavement as BG, manual mode, tripod, full frame.

David Stephens
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Great composition, color combinations and focus. I only wish that the its antenna didn't look as if they run off the frame. Even an 1/8th of an inch would be enough clearance.

Well done.

Nancy Bell
08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Wonderful detail in the katydid. Just a bit more of the image on both the right side and bottom would good, adding space and the rest of the antennae. The layer of pink between the 2 bright green colors is lovely.

John Storjohann
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Great capture, and good comments...I'd like to see some space after the antenna at the top and right hand side as well. Wonderful detail on katydid, especially the eye..nicely done.

christopher galeski
08-03-2011, 03:42 AM
very nice image,like the colors,detail,comp,agree about extra space.welldone.

bhavya joshi
08-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice Sharp Image Ovidiu.. Like the pose and BG.. Agree with above comments about space..:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Agree with the space observations but you could also go tighter.....so it looked more cut than clipped. Beautiful light as usual and a great perch and VG use of the BG!

Steve Maxson
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Ovidiu. This image has a lot going for it - an interesting subject giving you a great pose on a colorful perch against a clean background. Very nice overall sharpness also. Like the others, the clipped antennas are bothering me just a little as they are leading my eye out of two sides of the frame. Insects with very long antennas are problematic - do you include everything, but then make the insect too small in the frame or do you cut the antennas to place more emphasis on the rest of the insect? In this case, I think the comp could stand a little more room at the bottom and right to include the antennas while still having the katydid's body reasonably large in the frame. :S3: Overall, this is very well done.

kostas nianiopoulos
08-04-2011, 07:49 AM
composition , color , BG is great well done !!

Jonathan Ashton
08-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Great shot Ovidiu, I strongly suspect those antennae are a bit longer than might be imagined and that is why they have been clipped.
Beautiful colours and exposure I really like the image.

Bob Miller
08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Excellent sharpness and detail. You might consider changing the hue of the bg