Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
HH, SB 900 ,strobela.

David Stephens
08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I love the composition and details. The finger skin tones complement the moth and BG is perfect color and creamy bokeh. Great title.

Can't find a single thing that I would change.

John Storjohann
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Adrian, the details on the wing make the shot for me...that, and the wonder of how you got the critter to stay on your finger short of using duct tape! :bg3: Very nicely done!

Susan Candelario
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Love the title and the capture. Nice exp and details on the moth. The finger does blend well and the b/g color is complementary. I would run some NR in the b/g if it were mine. Other than that a wonderful image.

Nick Palmieri
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Very nice image. I agree with the Noise reduction but I am also wondering if it may be a bit over-sharpened??? Either way very nice job!

Roman Kurywczak
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey Adrian,
Very good details and some good points brought up above on the NR! I feel the sharpness is OK and while not my favorite "perch".........I think it works very well to show scale and actually works overall!

Steve Maxson
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi Adrian. I like the earth tones on this little guy and they work well with the background color. The "perch" gives a good sense of scale - this butterfly is tiny! There are some good suggested tweaks above. I might prefer a little more room on the right or maybe a little less on the left. Overall, this is very well done.

Adrian David
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you very much, to all of you! This photo was not intended to become a "candidate" in my portfolio, so I did not pay to much attention to the PP...I'm glad that you like it! This butterfly did not stayed very nice on his natural perch, so I thought to move him a little, with my finger....but, ....surprise, he climbed on my finger, because it was warm...:S3: So, with the butterfly on my left hand index finger, and the Nikon D300, with Nikkor 105mm /F2,8 and SB900 flash, ( not a light weight, combo.) in my right hand, I have stretched my left hand as far as I could, and took two shots of him...Not the best conditions for framing and perfect focusing:w3.

Nick Palmieri
08-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation of the "set-up", I wanted to ask that question. Makes it even better!

kostas nianiopoulos
08-04-2011, 07:48 AM
cute guy u go there :)