PDA

View Full Version : South Fork, Colorado

Jay Sheinfield
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Prime fishing spot........................early morning shot. D3, 50mm, 1/4 sec, f/22 Hope you like it.

Nick Palmieri
08-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Very nice composition. I like the FG rock and the slow SS effect on the water. TFS

Dave Mills
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Jay, nicely framed with a good foreground element. I like the soft, early light which looks like it's creeping down the rear of the image. Nice flow in the water with good detail. Two things...first, I would of wished for a bit more room on the rt and finally I would clone out the small yellow area of leaves in the mid far left. Overall nicely done!

John Storjohann
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Jay, the colors and textures in this are stunning...and as someone who enjoys trout fishing, I see at least two or three little pools I'd be tempted to cast into once or twice. I would have liked a little bit more on the top, to give the dominant tree on the right and the rock bluffs a bit of breathing room, as well as a bit more on the right as Dave mentioned...but with or without my wish list this is a keeper. Did you use Topaz on this at all?

Jay Sheinfield
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
John, no filters on this one..............

dankearl
08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Great photo, your SS was perfect to me, I over do water all the time and most shots I see are at a too slow speed for my tastes.
Yours looks artistic and realistic at the same time. I assume you lightened the FG rock, a very nice detail, and the light in the BG is very nice also
Well done.

Jay Sheinfield
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone, good feedback................will attempt more room on the right, and perhaps the top.

Roman Kurywczak
08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey Jay,
I actually like the flow of this as presented! My only recommendation is to tone down the two brightest areas mentioned.....so they don't draw the eye as much. Not a big tone down.....but just enough to keep the eye from being pulled there. All in all a minor tweak to a very nice image!

Rachel Hollander
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Jay - nice light and comp. The blurred water looks great. Some good suggestions above to make an already great image even better.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Well done for the reasons mentioned above. I would have liked to see this at 28mm or 35mm. It feels just a bit tight to me.

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Jay, I like this as presented. The flow is perfect. Like Robert, I wouldn't mind seeing this a little wider also, but this still a lovely comp as is.