PDA

View Full Version : Another French Church View

Dave Mills
08-01-2011, 09:47 AM
What was nice about these old churches(every village in France has one) is the fact there is no restriction on tripods. Many times I was in there alone. In the monestaries and castles there are restrictions. I took this as a 5 image HDR since the center was very bright with the light falling off quickly. Very often when doing an HDR you pick up subtlties in the details. i had to make a tradeoff here and captured the whole bottom but couldn't get wide enough to connect the upper light.

Nick Palmieri
08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Looks like a cool place. My only complaint would be that the lit candles in the FG are a bit distracting, but nothing you could do about that (without getting in trouble anyway). Either way very nice job! TFS

Jay Sheinfield
08-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Dave, Technically it appears to be a challenging shot. I think you handled it well. I see what you mean about the upper light. The candles don't bother me, ..................I might town down the white dress on the statue just a hair to balance the lighting on her.................otherwise nice mood image, with exquisite detail.

dankearl
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree on the lit candles, a bit distracting to me, as the room light looks very nice on the alter.

Roman Kurywczak
08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey Dave,
FG candles aren't that distracting to me but perhaps taking the darkest image and putting the candles back in? Athought to toy around with. I do think Jay makes a good suggestion on toning down Mary's dress a bit but a minor tweak. The HDR brought out some great details and the composition works very well too!

Rachel Hollander
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Dave - I really like the detail that came out in the peeling, cracking ceiling. Some good points above.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Nicely done Dave. I agree with the comments on reducing the luminance of the dress and perhaps the surrounding area.