PDA

View Full Version : The Tail Ender

Kiran Poonacha
08-01-2011, 08:06 AM
This was the last moment of the Short Toed Snake Eagles hunt, even though the eagle had killed the checkered keel back snake by biting the head, the tail continued to wriggle and the eagle had to hold on to the tail so it could avoid the whiplash from it. I know the head angle is not there, but as its not a portrait I thought of post it.

Spec: 1/1250, F 10, ISO 640, -1/3.

Mk4+500+1.4TC

Marina Scarr
08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi Kiran:

The heck with HA. You don't need a perfect HA for a capture with this kind of action/behavior. Absolutely love the colors here, and you had some amazing light. I understand Peter's point, but I prefer the OP. I personally would not want to alter what I saw through the viewfinder with an action capture such as this. Congratulations on this one.

gail bisson
08-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I too, prefer the OP. The IQ is superb. The colors are beautiful thanks to the light. I love the tail curl. Another superb image,
Gail

Vivaldo Damilano
08-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Excellent photography Kiran, prefer the OP, lovely soft light and colours. Great to get this with a catch, fantastic perch.

Danny J Brown
08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey Kiran -- I've seen this kind of work from you before and you haven't let me down with this one. Your preference for excellent light followed by experienced camera work produces beauties such as this. I love the way the bird's body conforms to the mound. And remember, if BPN users only shared images with the limited HA range, we would miss out on so many other wonderful images. The bird is not posing for you, it is simply behaving in nature and you are capturing that moment. I think the rogue tail feather actually adds a little drama to the image so I like it but even if I didn't it would be way over my image alteration threshold to perform such an amputation. Thanks again for the inspiration you provide.

DB

Humberto Ramos
08-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm glad you posted this one, it's an amazing shot, I don't mind the eye contact in this kind of behavior photos , for me it's just perfect...

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Kiran, no issues in this one, IMO. one heck of a dramatic shot. your 'below the eye level' shooting angle emphasises it a lot.

Daniel Cadieux
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
HA is more than OK for me here (it works better compared to your other post). Excellent behaviour image. I'd probably eliminate the three OOF purple flowers(?) but man this is just to sweet as is anyhow...very well done as usual.

Don Railton
08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Kiran

Superb in every way...

DON

Kiran Poonacha
08-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Thank you all dear people for your kind words of encouragement and support.

@ DC: yeah I too notice those purple patches and thought of removing them, but since it looked colorful I let it be :S3:

Regards,

Kiran.

Kiran Poonacha
08-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Telling addition to your story (assuming this is from your earlier encounter). Lovely light conditions and awesome image quality.
If this image were mine, I would consider changing the composition, placing the bird a bit more to the right, but the showbreaker is the tail. Here's a suggestion.

Thanks Peter, yeah I do get your point. It was Just that the point of view was from the left of the bird and since the action would continue towards to left I thought of leaving more space on the left. Thank you for your valuable time and suggestions really appreciate it.

Regards,

Kiran.

Stu Bowie
08-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Bhai, always good to capture a 'kill' and you always seem to bring out the best IQ in your images. Well, there I said it, great IQ, sharp, and the colour are superb.

Doug Brown
08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
This looks like the frame after the In Between Death and New Life image. Another spectacular frame! I prefer the original composition over the repost.

Kiran Poonacha
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
This looks like the frame after the In Between Death and New Life image. Another spectacular frame! I prefer the original composition over the repost.

Thank you Doug Bhai, this frame was just before the other frame, also the frame between death and new life made it to the finals in BBC.

Thanks again,

Regards, Kiran