PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer

Mitch Carucci
08-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Topaz Simplify

-M

Is this a weekly theme? I guess I don't understand where weekly themes are listed, but I noticed another post listing Skimmers as the weekly theme. Please straighten me out on this. Thanks.

Nick Palmieri
08-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Hey Mitch, I like the use of filters and the reflection is very cool. My only suggestion would be to keep more room in front of the Skimmer so he has room to fly.

The themes are listed in a here:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/37061-UPCOMING-WEEKLY-THEMES

denise ippolito
08-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Mitch,
At the top of the OOTB forum main page you will see some "sticky" pages they are at the very top of the page. One says UPCOMING THEMES, just click on that and once inside you will see the list of upcoming themes for this forum. Let me know if you need more help.:S3: PS- The weekly theme is "Flight"

Nancy Bell
08-01-2011, 08:59 AM
I really like the emphasis this filter has placed on the water line the skimmer has drawn, leading my eye right to the well-captured skimmer. The reflection adds the perfect element below that water line. If it were mine I might play around adding a bit more black to the skimmer.

Jay Sheinfield
08-01-2011, 09:31 AM
What a great shot. Caught in the action. Love the trailing line in the water. The filtering is terrific.......not overdone. My first thought was that I'd to see this without the bottom reflection with maybe a dash off the bottom, just for comparison, but as I look more, maybe not. The second reflection does add interest and depth to the image. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey Mitch,
very nice flight pose capture and the filtering works well too. I was leaning like Jay about the lowest reflection.....I coul dgo either way too but it does seem to add another dimension.

Andrew McLachlan
08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi Mitch, nice capture and filtering. Agree with Nick that a bit more room in front would be nice, but this also very well done!

Indranil Sircar
08-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Beautiful filter effect, Mitch. Excellent base image and reflection to start with. Lovely colors.

denise ippolito
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Mitch, It occurred to me that I didn't actually critique your image:S3:. I like the painterly look and the filtering you chose works well. I think for an OOTB presentation the second reflection looks great!

Mitch Carucci
08-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Thanks Denise. I will try to "get with the program" with regard to themes.

M.

Cheryl Slechta
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Mitch, great use of filters and I like the base image. I'm conflicted about the double reflection but it's almost like a reflection of a reflection so I think it's cool. Actually the reflections remind me of a Navajo rug.:S3: