PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic Lily

John Storjohann
07-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Playing around a bit with an image from yesterday. Captured at 340mm, f/32@1/80. RAW image processed in LR, cropping the image from the top to give it a panoramic feel, then brought it into PS for the finish work. I used Topaz Clean / Stylize first, tweaking the default settings a bit, and then used Topaz Simplify to first add an oil painting effect and the the BuzSim preset.

Andrew McLachlan
07-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi John, love the color in this lily and the filtering you applied. The pano crop is also very effective. Nicely done!

denise ippolito
07-31-2011, 09:27 PM
John, I love the colors and the black background really makes it pop. I might try to evict the black on the petal on the right if it were mine. Nice filtering!:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
07-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi John,

Beautiful colors, well processed. The black background really pops this................I think I know where you were going with this, I generally try and avoid clipping the sides or top and bottom of these flowers. I want to see the whole flower. :S3: That is a personal view, and others may have a different take, and that is what this forum is all about. If this were mine, I might crop a couple of inches from the right favoring a corner comp. Let's see what others think.

Paul Lagasi
07-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Good advice, nice pano, bright colors..what more could you ask for....well done

John Storjohann
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Thank you for all of the comments and suggestions. Denise, I think I understood what you were looking for....and lightened the tip of one of the petals. Was this what you were looking for, or something else?

Jay, I agree with you...i RARELY clip the tips of a flower, in fact I usually try to avoid it at all costs...yet for some reason I thought it might work here. I'll try a crop tomorrow and post it...

Thanks again!

John Storjohann
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Jay, tomorrow came early...:t3 Is this what you had in mind? I'm on the fence..I like both of them, for different reasons.

Jay Sheinfield
07-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Yup.............on the track I was thinking. Here is my take..............it's your call on this one.:S3: The yellow center is now in the ROT position, and the petals radiate to the corners. BTW, I had to add that this flower is a beauty. Nice find.

denise ippolito
08-01-2011, 07:17 AM
John, I like both the original and Jays crop for different reasons. If you go with Jay's I might take a teeny sliver off the left. Either way this looks good. And yes that was the area I was thinking about. Nice job!:S3:

Nancy Bell
08-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Outstanding filtering work producing a brilliant image with incredible colors! The different crops make me think how many ways one can present an image. I tend towards a crop between #7 and #8.

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey John,
I like both 7 and 8.......like Jay and yourself.....prefer the whole thing! The filtering on the flower is very nice too!

John Storjohann
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the comments and suggestions...I now have three variations of the image that I like! :bg3:

Indranil Sircar
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Brilliant colors, John. Love your processing. Nice progression of the variations and I think I like the original as well as the Jay's crop.

Susan Candelario
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
John,
Great colors and b/g. Your subtle use of filters is nicely applied. Like your idea of a pano in your OP, but 8 is my personal choice.