PDA

View Full Version : Common Loon

Gary Esman
07-31-2011, 02:13 PM
7D, 7/8, 1/250, iso 200, 700 mm, flash.

Thanks for looking and do appreciate the comments!

Gary.

Luis Villablanca
07-31-2011, 05:35 PM
This is a really tough bird to expose. On my computer the image looks quite dark.
I tried setting the levels to 1.24 in PS and it looks much better.
Apart from that, I loved the low angle, the background an the droplets on the face.
Just curious, how did you get the shot? Were you on a boat?

Ofer Levy
07-31-2011, 08:14 PM
A lovely image! Excellent techs.

Daniel Cadieux
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
The exposure looks good on my monitor. Great low angle, and the pose is perfect. LOVE the background. Image may need a bit of CCW rotation, and I would enhance the eye's pupil for web display. Very well done!!

Gary Esman
08-01-2011, 05:14 PM
This is a really tough bird to expose. On my computer the image looks quite dark.
I tried setting the levels to 1.24 in PS and it looks much better.
Apart from that, I loved the low angle, the background an the droplets on the face.
Just curious, how did you get the shot? Were you on a boat?

Thanks Luis appreciate the input. Yes these are very difficult to get the proper exposure. Even though the sun can be seen in the eye as a catch light it has just went behind a line of clouds. I think it best represents what I saw. Yes this was taken from a boat. Thanks again!

Gary.

Gary Esman
08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
A lovely image! Excellent techs.

Thanks Ofer appreciate it!

Gary.

Gary Esman
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
The exposure looks good on my monitor. Great low angle, and the pose is perfect. LOVE the background. Image may need a bit of CCW rotation, and I would enhance the eye's pupil for web display. Very well done!!

Thanks Daniel appreciate your time! Did not notice the CCW rotation before:eek3:. Really liked this shot it pretty much summed up the whole day. Thanks again.

Gary.

Randy Stout
08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Gary:

Very nicely captured. Excellent shooting angle, nice reedy background, agree about a smidge of CCW rotation. You know, that bird looks vaguely familar:w3

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy