View Full Version : The guy of the balcony

kostas nianiopoulos
07-31-2011, 01:39 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1203/thebalconyguy.jpg

This flower is one of the guys i have here on my balcony , the blue color
came from a truck is on the road .

canon 50d
f8
1/160 ( ex430 II, set. 1/8+mini softbox)
iso 400
EF USM IS 100MM L
Handheld

Thanks for watching .

Roman Kurywczak
07-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey Kostas,
Because the truck was so bold blue in color.....it actually competes with the flowers. I like how you got the stem and the main bloom and bud and bloom to the right don't bother me but the flower behind the main bloom does. I would have picked it out in the field.....because it is yours....but now I would take the time and remove the 2 petals sticking up above the main flower. Light looks pretty good but perhaps a bit more contrast on just the flowers to make them pop and stand out from the BG. Minor tweaks will take this up a notch.

Steve Maxson
08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi Kostas. This first thing that hits me about this image is the BLUE! Your flower is very colorful and nicely photographed, but it is being overpowered by the background - I would suggest selecting the blue and desaturating it to the point that our attention can more easily focus on the flower itself. :S3: Roman makes an interesting point about the two petals behind the main flower that you may want to consider, but it's a minor issue for me. Overall, I think taming the background will take this image up a couple notches.

Julie Kenward
08-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree with the men here but I have to say if I was a young girl I'd want this on a big poster hanging on my wall - I love those highly saturated colors!