PDA

View Full Version : Golden Rays

Judy Howle
07-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Canon 5D Mk II, f5, 1/1250s, ISO 250. (oops, I was shooting darker clouds behind me and forgot to change the aperture back to a smaller one.)

dankearl
07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
f5 looks fine to me.
Beautiful sky and sunset, well composed, nice processing,
Excellent.

Don Railton
07-31-2011, 04:00 AM
Hi Judy

This has a nice deep 3D feel, and I love the color and cloud formation captured. The F5 does not seemed to have hurt you, because you have nothing in close.
Might trim a slither of the bottom but not much...

Well done.

DON

Dave Mills
07-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Judy, another great sunset to add to your portfolio. I like the sun placement and feel the amount of water shown is fine. The clouds are beautifully lit and have nice detail.
The rays also add to the image. I like the image as is but another idea is to crop down to a little above the main cloud center right. Nicely handled!!

Roman Kurywczak
07-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Hey Judy,
Ype....f/5 didn't hurt you as there are no close fg objects. You placed the sun in a great location and the processing looks great too! No complaints here! Very nicely done!

Jay Gould
07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi, I like it too. A bit of CCW rotation to align the waterline might be just enough to square the sun's reflection too.

Morkel Erasmus
07-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice sky indeed Judy! I agree on the suggestion to crop from the top.

Judy Howle
07-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments! I cropped it as Dave suggested and I like it both ways actually :w3 I only applied a tiny amount of alignment as it is aligned with the far shoreline under the center cloud that is parallel to my position and the rest of the shoreline is not straight.

Jay Gould
08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Works for me; lovely!

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Judy, this is a beautiful sunset. I had a similar 'bent' reflection with some recent sunrise images I shot. The camera was level, but throughout the series of images that I took some had straight reflections while others the sun's reflection was 'bent'. I don't know why, but thought it may have had to do with the way the sun's rays were streaming through the forest down to the wetland much like in your image. A beautiful capture!