PDA

View Full Version : Fonthill Castle Bathroom

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
This is yet another from my Fonthill Castle workshop that I am getting to processing. Technnically.....this is the entrance to the the bathroom.....sink was just outside the door entrance! As you can see, the colorful tilework that is all over the castle makes this a HDR dream location. 5 images merged in Photomatix and processed is CS5. I know Jay asked if I had a date yet for my next tour there.....not yet but should have it shortly and I will anoounce it as soon as I do! Saved at 65 quality to fit.

Maureen Allen
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Beautiful HDR Roman! It's interesting to me how difficult it is to control perspective in these situations. You've done an amazing job with this one!

I wish my bathroom looked like that.. but maybe not quite as colorful :bg3:

Nick Palmieri
07-30-2011, 12:03 PM
The reflection puts this over the top. Very nice HDR work.

Susan Candelario
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Easy to see that Henry Mercer did not use a level :w3 but I think that is another factor that makes this place so cool. Excellent HDR capture & pp as usual. The window reflections is the cherry on the cake for me. Very , very nice work :5

Indranil Sircar
07-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Roman, another wonderful HDR composition. I too think it is the window reflection that takes it over the top! Excellent processing.

Judy Howle
07-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Very nice HDR processing and composition Roman. I too like the window light shining in on the floor.

Dave Mills
07-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Roman, your meticulous attention to detail in processing has been really paying off with this series of images. Good comp which puts the viewer right in the room.This is a great example of the extensive tilework throughout the mansion. The window reflection(as in some of your others) adds another dimension. Excellent!!

Andrew McLachlan
07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Roman, superbly done again!!! Love everything about it! :cheers:

Paul Lagasi
07-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Another winner, I read up on the former owner and now know why their are so many tiles in this mansion....it is a place I will visit my next time in the area.

The floor tiles, wall tiles, frames and pictures...each of these are just so colorful...well done

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Another winner, I read up on the former owner and now know why their are so many tiles in this mansion....it is a place I will visit my next time in the area.

The floor tiles, wall tiles, frames and pictures...each of these are just so colorful...well done
It's quite the story isn't it Paul! Do realize that they don't allow any photography inside. Only special permission tours.....and never flash allowed to photograph. It still is a great place to visit even w/o the photography!