PDA

View Full Version : Locking horns.

Marc Mol
07-30-2011, 05:55 AM
These two young male Buffaloes were sorting out future hierarchies.

D3 500VR 1/1000s ISO200@f/5.6 Moremi GR, Botswana Sept 2009 slight crop of 10%.

C & C most welcome

Cheers Marc

Steve Kaluski
07-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Marc, I really like the aggression in this, the eyes wide open, horns locked, slight twist of the heads, all conveys that sparing feel. Those front legs looked almost bolted to the floor, neither bull giving ground.

I can't comment on colour, but would love to see this as a rich Duotone.

Nice one.

TFS
Steve :5

Marc Mol
07-30-2011, 07:22 AM
would love to see this as a rich Duotone.

Nice one.

TFS
Steve :5

Thanks Steve
Was thinking along the same lines also.:w3

Steve Kaluski
07-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Go for it.

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks Steve
Was thinking along the same lines also.:w3

I second that.

Marc Mol
07-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Nik Silver treatment with a slight warm tint added.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-30-2011, 11:02 AM
I think the repost brings out the aggression better. What is there in the "V" formed by the two fellows? Any work done in that region?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Marc Mol
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Saby

What is there in the "V" formed by the two fellows? Any work done in that region?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

No work done here, it is other Buffaloes in that V BG.

Nancy Bell
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm more partial to the OP, as that distant buffalo in the "v" is not that obvious. In the 2nd posting that distant buffalo seems much more obvious, maybe due to the grain that was picked up in the conversion. Maybe that can be evened out. Love the strong interaction between the two main players in both posts, with good views of the eyes.

Marc Mol
07-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Nancy

I'm more partial to the OP, as that distant buffalo in the "v" is not that obvious. In the 2nd posting that distant buffalo seems much more obvious, maybe due to the grain that was picked up in the conversion. Maybe that can be evened out.

Good point, perhaps a little hasty in posting out the B&W version, here it is with NR applied on V BG only.

Morkel Erasmus
07-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Nicely captured Marc...and I think the B&W conversion takes this up a notch. Buffaloes are kinder to us when converting to B&W than other animals...(zebras and elephants also)...as they tend to lean themselves to it due to their colours and strong contours. I think the fact that there are other buffs in the BG will get lost in any kind of conversion because it's solely discernible due to the colours (no strong definite buffalo shapes in the V region)...anyhow still prefer you conversion to the colour version :bg3:

Marc Mol
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks Morkel

...anyhow still prefer you conversion to the colour version :bg3:

Yep........I tossed up between colour & B&W conversion and I think the initial posting is the better of the two also.

Steve Canuel
07-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Also prefer the OP, you got a great look at their eyes and the intensity of their struggle. Nice job.