PDA

View Full Version : Oriole

Ken Thompson
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
This oriole image is from a garden in S. Illinois last June. The bird popped into the scene as I was setting up for something else. I only got this one image and the settings on the camera were what they were - no time to think much. I normally am working much closer in (water drops, etc.), so C&C appreciated.

Canon 30D, 300mm, 1.4TC, 1/500, f/6.3, ISO 160, no flash. Some (~10%) cropped off the bottom to hide the top of a picket fence.

Ken

George DeCamp
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Ken!

You never know what will show up so good you were ready to catch what you could. That is why I usually am pretty set when I get my camera on the tripod.

Couple things to try. Crop a little off the left maybe up to the petals of the flower to kill that dead space. The flower in back of the bird is the problem here...will take some work to fix that but maybe you can do it with the healing brush a little at a time. Your birdie looks pretty sharp and the wing blur is in your favor since the eye is sharp. The cone flower in the right hand corner should probably go as well but that may be a bit more difficult since you have vegetation in back of it you could damage easily.

Worth a shot trying some of the above!!