PDA

View Full Version : First Post : Fire Lilies

NathanBeaulne
07-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone! I figure after lurking around these boards for a year or two I should finally take the plunge and start to get involved. Though I love the birds I've been spending most of my summer working on my blurs. This one is a pan blur of a group of Day Lilies, any comments appreciated!

Canon Rebel XS
EF 100mm 2.8 Macro
TV Mode
f/29, 1/10, ISO 100, EV +2/3

denise ippolito
07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Nathan, Big welcome to OOTB. I am looking forward to seeing more of your blurs . :S3: Some may want a crop off the bottom but I like the lines and hint of the lily coming out of the LLC. I just might lighten the corner just a tiny bit, You did a great job with the blur. Beautiful!

NathanBeaulne
07-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks Denise, the LLC is what made the image for me and I'll try to lighten as it does seem to draw attention of the eye.

Paul Lagasi
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome, to me it looks like a raging fire, very well done blur..looking forward to more

Indranil Sircar
07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to OOTB, Nathan. This is a wonderful blur! It does look like raging fire and color is beautiful. Beautifully done.

Andrew McLachlan
07-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi Nathan, welcome to OOTB. A very nice first post. Love the blurred movement in the lily blossoms. Agree on lightening the lower left.

Kerry Perkins
07-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Nathan, big welcome from me too! :wave: Lots of lurkers coming out into the light and posting for the first time this week on BPN, I love it! I think this is a really nice blur and a most excellent first post. I like the colors and breezy feel, hope to see more from you!

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey Nathan,
Big welcome to BPN!!! I agree also on the LLC lightening. To me the reds or yellows seemed just a bit over the top for my tastes and a quick check or the RGB histogram shows it is severely clipped. This is OOTB so not a biggie, but I do wonder what this would look like with some of the red saturation pulled back a bit. Might be worth exploring once yo have it open and are working on the LLC.
Welcome to the forum once again!

Judy Howle
07-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Very nice blur! I like the way it starts sharper in the lower left and gets progressively blurrier at the top.

Cheryl Slechta
07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Nathan, welcome to OOTB:S3: I'm glad you've decided to join in and I really like your image. The blur is great, and I like the flow and the colors. It does look like a fire. I hope you post lots more.

John Storjohann
07-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Nathan, welcome to the forum..and a wonderful first post! I think I agree with Roman...I love the composition and the blur, the illusion of flames...but I think I'd back off on the saturation a bit, and maybe light the image just a little. It works as it is...it might just be interesting to continue to explore the image!

NathanBeaulne
08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and to Roman and John for the saturation/clipping mention, Hopefully I'll get a repost up soon.