PDA

View Full Version : Weaver ant (Oecophylla smaragdina)

yeshwanth gowda
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Canon 7D, 100mm, Manual, F-11,ISO-500, 1/256

The adults build their nest using the silk spun by their young ones.

Have cloned out another ant behind this one.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6001/5988263658_e86d42006e_b.jpg/]

Brendan Dozier
07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Interesting behavior capture, Yeshwanth, and good detail & exposure. Like how the vein of leaf leads eye from FG right to the action. Might take a bit off the rt. Nice work!

Julie Kenward
07-30-2011, 07:47 AM
I agree with Brendan. You've got a great behavioral image here but the OOF right side does pull some attention away from how clear and well focused the ant and larvae are. I'd trim about half the right side out (between the "h" and "w" of your name) and see if that doesn't leave the ant with less distraction. Very nice!

christopher galeski
07-30-2011, 10:18 AM
nice behavioral image,agree about taking some off the right side of image.thanks.

Steve Maxson
07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Yeshwanth. This is a very interesting behavioral image of the ant with it's larva and you have good sharpness on both plus a clean background. I might suggest cloning some of the spectral highlights on the ant. As presented, the ant is centered in the frame - a crop off the right, as suggested above, would improve the comp, IMO. These tweaks would make this very nice image even stronger. :S3: Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey Yeshwanth,
Some great advice above that I agree with. As for the flash highlights.....you go in at about 400% and either clone at lowered opacity or use a brush with the color picked from the ant......at lowered opacity to deal with the highlights. Worth the extra effort as this is a fantastic behaviour image and sharp where it need it!

yeshwanth gowda
07-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanx every one , I Would include your suggestions and take your guidance , . I am new to photo shop and i know only limited options and will try them . I will learn a lot from here . Thank you