07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Canon 7D
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L
1/1000 sec f/6.3 ISO 400 HH

Levels, Sharpening in CS5
NR on BG in Noiseware Pro

Kerry Perkins
07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Hello Ian, always nice to see these birds as it is such a treat. I don't think the reflection is doing anything for this image and I would crop most of it away. The image could use a slight CCW rotation. I would remove the tiny "island" in the bg that is intersecting the bill of the bird on the right. Would be easy to do with a quick mask. Would also evict whatever is on top of the dirt mound on the right.

Jeff Cashdollar
07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Ian,

Thanks for sharing. Agree with Kerry's comments but do not mind the reflection (subjective stuff). The image would be stronger IMO if the second bird had a better head angle. I really enjoy the inclusion of habitat but would clean up some of the things noted above with healing brush or clone stamp. I too use this same kit and love the range and portability - keep em coming!

ps - love the high-key look too.

Ian Cassell
07-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you folks. I debated (and still do) the reflection and it's nice to hear differing opinions. I'm working on a laptop (I'm in Central New Jersey on vacation this week) so will will clean things up when I'm on my main machine.

John Chardine
07-31-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi Ian- I like the idea here. Too bad the left bird is not giving some eye contact. The right bird is great with a nice head angle and posture. Agree on the rotation. Like the OOF dragonfly upper right! I would tighten the crop up some and really bring out the bird and the reflection.