PDA

View Full Version : The Avocet has landed

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
40D. 400 f5.6L at f/6.3. iso 320. 1/2500s. warm sunset light.

Hope you are not getting bored of my Avocet shots. I havent found the time to photograph much lately. Hence going through some files from my Palo Alto Baylands outing in May.

All comments welcome.

Nancy Bell
07-28-2011, 12:53 PM
This is indeed lovely sunset lighting, especially highlighting some feather details on the near underwing. In a perfect world it would have been nice to have more separation between the base of the dark bill and the dark feathers of the far wing. And did you capture this bird "lightening his load" just before take off :e3?

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-28-2011, 01:00 PM
This is indeed lovely sunset lighting, especially highlighting some feather details on the near underwing. In a perfect world it would have been nice to have more separation between the base of the dark bill and the dark feathers of the far wing. And did you capture this bird "lightening his load" just before take off :e3?

Nancy, no...thats just mud :-) thx for the comments.

gail bisson
07-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Beautiful light and exposure. However, the mud really looks like he is 'pooping" and it really takes away from the shot.
Gail

Clemens Vanderwerf
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Kaustubh, the image is beautiful with great light. Nice monotome background. To bad about the splash, it is a pity it is merging with the bird.

Karl Egressy
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
The light and landing pose are beautiful. I also like the nice smooth water and the details in the wing, Kaustubh.

Aidan Briggs
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Perfect techs and low angle KD. I love the warm soft light but I am thinking a tad more contrast might add to the image.

Well done as always!

Dumay de Boulle
07-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Never get tired of your work...Great IQ and exp as usual. Love the colors and pose. I would say that the water level is off 2-3 degrees needs some CW rotation to make it level. But all other aspects are spot on!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Beautiful image all overbut the look of him "lightening his load" as stated takes a way from the beauty IMO. I really like the shot and think it would be well worthtrying to "eliminate" the load,er mud so to speak :w3.