PDA

View Full Version : Forest Kingfisher II

Richard Mc Donald
07-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Having taken on board all the advice from my first Kingfisher shot, hope this one suits better.

1D MK IV - 800L - ISO 800 - 5.6 - 1/400sec - 50% crop - RAW. I've been experimenting with Partial Metering instead of Evaluative, not too sure if there are any benefits as yet.

Noise reduction with Dfine, editing Viveza 2 and sharpening useing Sharpener Pro.

Richard

wendell westfall
07-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Looks good to me, Richard!

Kerry Perkins
07-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi Richard, nice pose, colors, and background. I see this one as a vertical, as the bird is not even looking to the right nor moving in that direction. I would crop the negative space from the right. Color rendition is good, the exposure is pretty good but some of the brightest highlights are uncomfortably warm. The image looks soft to me, especially for the equipment used. Maybe just a matter of sharpening more in PP, but I also wonder about the shutter speed - 1/400sec seems slow for ISO 800 and f/5.6. Would suggest toning down the brightest part of the bg on the left.

Joel Haas
07-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Like the new photo Forest Kingfisher II with shortened perch. Also liked Kingfisher I with color modification. Why not combine the two changes?:S3:

Marina Scarr
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
You have a gorgeous bird here, killer BG, nice perch and pose, well exposed. I also see this as a vertical, and it needs a little more sharpening, esp on the head. If you don't have the room to make it a vertical, I would add a bit of room or canvas to the top to improve the composition.