PDA

View Full Version : KF..... from the YAK!

Chad Caswell
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Took this image hand held from the kayak, it was so nice to see this King Fisher while I paddled around the lake :bg3:

Model = Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Exposure Time = 1/2000"
F Number = F7.1
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 640
Focal Length = 700mm

Clemens Vanderwerf
07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Chad, Love the composition with the branch coming in diagonal. The spider web is great too. KF is nicely off set against the black bkgd. I am debating if a crop from the left would work while getting rid of the branch sticking up. There is quite a lot of branch compared to the small KF in the image.

gail bisson
07-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Very nice dramatic image. The dark BG really makes him pop.I like the open beak and light angle. I agree about the large perch but if you crop the branch you would lose the spiderweb which is so nice. Nice diagonal line created by perch. A keeper for sure!
gail

Dumay de Boulle
07-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Love the dark BG and spiderweb. Perch is a bit large for my taste but I can see what you are trying to do.

RakeshDhareshwar
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Wonderfully sharp . Lovely light . Too bad about the big perch , but then these are the kind of perches they prefer :e3.

denise ippolito
07-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Chad, These are not easy subjects! Nice job esp. from the kayak. I like the pose and sharpness. Agree the perch is a bit large but it still is a nice shot.:S3: I love the spider webbing.

Sachin Saraf
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Beautiful capture..It nicely stands out against the dark BG...TFS

Neil Nourse
07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Chad, Nice shot and great job getting close to this guy. Yea the perch is a bit big, but when it's not a setup you take what you can!!!

TFS Neil

Brendan Dozier
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Nice job from the Kayak, Chad. Like the open mouth pose, diagonal and texture of perch, dark BG works well. Nicely composed.

Daniel Cadieux
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Perch is indeed large, but the comp is well balanced and rather pleasing (I could see this with a bit cropped off the top too though...). Good open-mouth pose, and the spider web is a nice bonus here. I'd see if I could tone down the whites on the neck.

Next to a hide it looks like a kayak is the next best thing for KFs!!