PDA

View Full Version : South Fork Colorado

Jay Sheinfield
07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Early morning , just at sunrise.

Some softening for effect and shadow work on PS. Not sure on the comp, I just happen to like the scene..........

Nikon D3, 44mm f/22 @ 1.3 secs

Thanks for the look...............

dankearl
07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice exposure and light in this photo. A bit wider view would be better to me.
The water has a nice look to it, not overdone, and the colors are great.
I just would like to see more.

Jay Gould
07-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I like the scene too; however, for me too soft. Might you do an RP without the softening and with the lovely slow water?

Roman Kurywczak
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey Jay......and yet another opinion.....I really like it as is!:eek: The softness you gave works in this case for me......as it minimizes some of the bold elements in the scene. It would be interesting to see a sharp version for comparison.....but I do like the OP very much!

Dave Mills
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Jay,Nice coloration with even lighting. I'm a bit torn about the boulder on the left blocking the water flow. Not quite sure if it's a plus or a minus but overall it is a pleasing view...

Robert Amoruso
07-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Jay,

I like as is but do feel Dave has good point on the large FG rock. It is a bit overpowering.

Would be interested in seeing the sharpened version.

Jay Sheinfield
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback.....................here is the sharp version, as requested. I darkened the FG rock to see if that would help ease the distraction.................:S3:

Dave Mills
07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Jay, I like the repost better.IMO the sharpness adds to the image and darkening the rock reduces some of it's dominance.
I might back off on the greens a little bit...

Susan Candelario
07-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Good suggestions offered already. I like the repost better than the OP. Perhaps it was your intention to saturated a bit... but the water has a blue cast on the repost. I too like the scene.

John Storjohann
07-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Jay, I love this image, particularly the repost. As already mentioned, I might back off the greens in the fir trees a bit, and desaturate the water just a touch...I'd leave the deep saturation of the moss/growth on the far-side rocks. WOW....makes me want to visit Colorado! :S3: