PDA

View Full Version : Post attachments turned off

Colin Driscoll
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm curious why after a couple of years of posting the the post attachments facility has been turned off for me. IMG is the only means available. I did send a PM to the webmaster but haven't had a response.

-----------

James, thanks, sorry for being unclear. When I go to post an image the "Manage Attachments" button is no longer available and the list of permissions states "You may not post attachments"

I've had to reply to you by editing because I wasn't allowed access to the normal reply function.

James Shadle
07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure what you mean "attachments facility"?
Are you trying to upload to our server or link from off site hosting?

Daniel Cadieux
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Colin, were you perhaps a "BPN Member" before? As is you are a "Forum Participant" which means you are only able to link images rather than post attachments...

Colin Driscoll
07-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Daniel, your post gave the clue but I couldn't reply here as a Forum Participant. James has now fixed my status and all is good :S3:. Thanks to you both!

Daniel Cadieux
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
You're welcome!

Simon Wantling
12-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi, I have the same issue where I don't have the option to manage attachments and upload an image. I have to use the Img tag option and link to an image file hosted on my web space. Cn this be solved ? Thanks

Colin Driscoll
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Simon, you are shown as a Forum Participant which does have that restriction. Become a paid up BPN Member and you will be able to manage attachments. If you are paid up then send a PM to James. That was my problem, my membership renewal had not been registered.