PDA

View Full Version : End of Day on Lahaina Bay

Mark Fuge
07-27-2011, 08:08 AM
This image was taken from the same point, along Front St in Lahaina, Maui, as the prior image of the waves breaking on the shore rocks, but aiming toward another vision.

Modification in CS4 and Topaz included; Selective Color, Accent Edges, Dry Brush, Topaz Adjust, InFocus, Lens Effects, and other normal PS image adjustments.

Enjoy!

Roman Kurywczak
07-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Hey Mark,
This almost has the look of an old Sepia toned print. I like the boats in teh distance and how you got good sepration between all of them. While you have a lot going on in the MG.....you have minimized the distractions pretty well.....although I may tone the roof down a few more points to match the rest of the image tone. I do think this would be even stronger as a pano....with about 1/2 the water cut out.....but I'll borrow a quote from you:bg3:....YWYV!

denise ippolito
07-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Mark, I like the composition you chose and the way all the elements in the frame have separation. Not sure if I like the lines in the sky.

Indranil Sircar
07-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Nice composition, Mark. I too like the sepia tone and agree with Roman on the pano crop.

James Shadle
07-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Composition is strong on it's own. I would imagine it's pretty dang nice right out of the camera.
That said, it was an excellent choice to become an oil painting!

Paul Lagasi
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Now this is a Fuge image, we've come to expect...lovely colors, scenery, and effects...I do see the vertical lines in the sky, Denise was talking about. Well done

Mark Fuge
07-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

I did see the V bands in a prior attempt at this, but didn't see them this time. :e3 I have reposted the image with some modifications per comments.

I was stongly considering the pano format for this, and might do it for other uses. However, due to the theme this week, I wanted as much water as possible. I also wanted to maintain the area below the small jetty. I did crop down the sky area, to compress it somewhat, but I liked the effects on the lower portion, plus the theme kept me from doing the same down there.

The hardest part of this image, was to find the boat owners and get them to reposition their crafts!!! :eek: Especially since I had to do it before my wife finished her shopping spree across the street. But as Roman noted, the results were worth it! :w3 :bg3: :2eyes2:

denise ippolito
07-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Does look better Mark:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Mark, nice work and repost based on the above comments!