PDA

View Full Version : Chapel

Dave Mills
07-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Shot this in one of the many churches I saw in France. This was a chapel that was off to the side of the main room. I shot this from a slight elevation. The image is a 5 exposure HDR shot at F22,D300,ISO 800 17-85mm,tripod mtd. Photomatix was used to combine the images.

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey Dave,
Supe light depth and I actually feel the symmetry really works well here! Would be really tempted to lighten the alter area a few points......so it becomes an even stronger focal point.....but not so much as to competer with the stained glass on the rh side. I love the angle of view too! Very nicely composed and great use of the HDR.

Nick Palmieri
07-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Nice one Dave. I like the arches which really help the perspective. Nice HDR work. I think if you play a little bit with the white and black points in the HDR software, the alter will lighten up, and the right areas in the ceiling will disappear. Minor tweaks for a nice image.

Dave Mills
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Good point Nick! I'll see if I can bring it up a tad!!

Susan Candelario
07-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey Dave,
I too really like the comp, the symmetry and the lines from the chairs leading your eye right in. Good pp and good eye!

Robert Amoruso
07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Dave,

i know you are going for more of a natural look here, but this subject is built for amping up the local contrast. :S3: