PDA

View Full Version : jewels soldier beetles

christopher galeski
07-23-2011, 10:35 AM
got this image this morning very early,I liked how the drops of dew were all over it,looked like a jewel encrusted soldier beetle,cannon 7D,cannom100MM F/5.6,L,IS,USM,TRIPOD,small crop,some sharpening.comments good or bad.thanks.its on top of another beetle,the blured one,forgot to mention.

jack williamson
07-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Christopher that is one colorful soaking wet bug. Alittle more dof would have been great.

Jack

Jason Stander
07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Lovely detail and comp... VVWD!:S3:

Steve Maxson
07-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Christopher. Very cool - the red color and all the water droplets give this image a lot of impact! I like the way the sharp beetle stands out from the OOF beetle below. You also have a nice comp and a clean background. If you are OK with such changes, you might tone down the bright seed at the bottom of the frame and you might also consider toning down or cloning the long, narrow plant part just to the right of the beetle - but these are just tweaks to an already very strong image. :cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey Christopher,
Besides the possible tweaks mentioned by Steve above.....I would tone down the red on the lower beetle head.....it just draws the ey too much. Yes.....more DOF may have been better....but even with the shallow DOF you can clearly make out the lower beetle and is a nice fresh perspective. Minor tweaks will take this up a notch or two!

christopher galeski
07-26-2011, 05:15 AM
thanks everybody for comments,all taken on board.