PDA

View Full Version : sparrow upgrade

Grahame Hamblin
07-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Did up grade as suggested i think it looks better please comment. is highlight ok.
Grahame

Paul Lagasi
07-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Grahame, you did a good job improving the eye, the frame and the image...unfortunately, the head angle on the bird, you can do nothing about.

I took one of my images, copied the head and pasted it into your image, so you can see what I meant.
I know the colors don't match but its the only image of a House Sparrow I had.
I also added a highlight in the eye...

Compare the two and you will see the importance of the angle of the head....:eek:...god the HA police

I liked your title "I am Looking" and know what you were going for with your image....keep sending your images, this is agreat place to learn...:w3

denise ippolito
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Grahame, I think the catchlight could use a little work. They are a little difficult to get right. Here is a link (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/39426-Creating-Natural-Looking-Catchlights)to an excellent tutorial by Arthur Morris which may help.:S3: Hope that is helpful.

Grahame Hamblin
07-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Thank you denise this is the best site for constructive critique it has helped me improve my photography no end. I just do not take enough Photographs.
Thank you all
Grahame