PDA

View Full Version : Amberwing

Don Lacy
07-22-2011, 11:00 PM
With most of my photography focused on birds I have been neglecting one of my favorite subjects so this summer I made a promise to go out and find some dragons. Here is a little Amberwing I found today hopefully I can keep my promise and will be posting a buch of new images:bg3:

MK3. 300 f/4 + 1.4TC and 25 mm Ext Tube, 1/80s at f/13, Aperture priority, Evaluative Metered +1, ISO 800, Tripod, Cloned out a very small blade of grass at the bottom of the frame

christopher galeski
07-23-2011, 06:01 AM
ver nice,nice BG,good comp.well done.

Steve Maxson
07-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Don. Good to see you back with some dragonfly images. This little gal gave you a nice pose from an attractive perch. I also like the comp and the pleasingly OOF, natural-looking background. You might try toning down the bright stripe on the thorax and the tip of the stem. Overall, this is very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Sweeeeet Don! Bg is killer! I think Steve makes some good tweak suggestions......and while I generally prefer them tighter:e3.......I think the flow on this is excellent. Great job overall and nice to have you back!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Your dof and detailare amazing Don. Nice Bg and textured perch too.

Brendan Dozier
07-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Great looking image, comp, and IQ on this Don. The other day I was trying to get some dragonfly shots, but they just seemed to circle endlessly and would never perch. Must have watch one pair for about 20 mins!