PDA

View Full Version : Top O'the Morning

Paul Lagasi
07-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Another local rarity here in Ottawa, a Western Meadowlark has made an appearance for the last few days. I wanted to highlite the vibrant yellow olor and even though the bird was badly backlite, I used a +1 exposure and managed a decent image.

I used Topaz Spicify and then Detail to bring out the yellow..

Working this week, so not many opportunities to post but lots of time to comment......:w3

Wow...everyone is getting better and better, Offices, Giraffes, Loons, Plovers, Blurs, Diving Birds, Bees, Landscapes and even artistic Worms...this has been a very good week by all .... WAY TO GO OOTB

Andrew McLachlan
07-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey Paul, love the filtering! The colorful background really makes the meadowlark's yellow coloration pop in this comp. Very nice work as always!:S3:

Susan Candelario
07-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Paul,
I really like this one. The comp, pose, colors and your use of filters is fantastic.

Anita Bower
07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Fabulous colors!!!! Wonderful pose. I can almost hear it sing. Great image. It should be included in this week's theme.

denise ippolito
07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Paul, Great look for the theme. I like the intense colors and the singing pose.:S3:

Paul Lagasi
07-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Thank You all...I always forget to include weekly theme.....:w3...my bad

John Storjohann
07-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Paul, I love the intense background colors...and I like the detail you brought back to the Meadowlark after applying the filter in Topaz. You nailed this one.