PDA

View Full Version : Surf's Up!

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I was shooting birds on the beach and ........I almost never take people pictures but.............This guy had to be nuts.........or a surfer. Taken in Chincoteague as a hurricane was far offshore. Used the Digital Rebel and the Sigma 300-800mm lens and the 1.4 tele at 1120mm. ISO 400 at f8 and 1/1600 sec. He was moving so fast latterally in the surf that I only got off a few shots of him.
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Nice image and not too tight. Needs a better head angle to establish some eye contact.

later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
That's some rough surf !!!! The person relatively static (as pictured) makes an interesting contrasts to the pounding surf !!! Don't mind the look so much since he seems to be concentrating on the waves ahead !!! Love it !!!

Robert O'Toole
03-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Good job on the exposure Roman!
Cool to see a surf image on BPN, for all the non surfers out there, this is considered "shore Break" and is a pain the no know where sometimes to get through as the waves can snap your $600-1200 surfboard easily. But actually to world class level surfers this wave is tiny. Some friends of mine dont even paddle out to surf unless its 30 feet +. I usually grab a board when the waves are head high plus. I think east coast sizes preferences, judgeing by this image are much smaller :)

I agree it would better to see his face also.

Robert

Alfred Forns
03-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Robert might look small to you but I find it intense !!!! Neat !!!

Robert Amoruso
03-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Welcome aboard Roman as this forum's newest Moderator. Good looking image.

Robert, why not come to Canaveral National Seashore with your board this summer when we have an approaching hurricane. Big does not always translate into intense.:D

Michael Pancier
03-30-2008, 11:03 AM
gnarley .... water looks freezing