PDA

View Full Version : Ocean waves- time exposure

Bob Miller
07-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Took this in Ocean City Md. ....I walked a long way looking for foreground with no luck!
Nikon D3s
Vari N-D filter
8sec at f22
ISO 100
16-35mm wide angle
All comments welcome!

Dave Mills
07-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi Bob, nice light along with pleasing soft water. You show a break in the water which I would prefer to see more of rather than just in the corner and might of given the image some foreground interest.. The center of interest appears to be the break in the clouds since it's a dominant factor. While it's a nice representation I would of liked seeing more within the image...

Andrew McLachlan
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Bob, love the light and the ocean blur. Agree with Dave's critique.

Jay Gould
07-24-2011, 11:01 AM
While I agree with Dave's technical critique, I find the image timeless and very serene.

Robert Amoruso
07-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Bob,

I like what you are doing here. SLow shutter speed on the water is a specialty of mine.

I agree with Dave that your FG interest was with the pebble strewn sand and including more here would have been a good option.

My suggestion is that the sun blur through the clouds is distracting. For a sunrise/sunset still low on the horizon, AOK to include it. Once it gets in the clouds like this, I will avoid it.

I have uploaded a crop removing the sun. As I like the clouds and did not want them right at the edge of the top of the image, I cut through the bottom of the bright area and then cloned that out.

Jay Gould
07-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Robert, your RP takes this up a big notch!

Bob Miller
07-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Robert.....I really like your repost! Thanks!

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey Bob,
Been away again......but Robert's repost was teh way I would go. I might be tempted to lighten/whiten the RH side a bit.....just to balance it a bit more with the left side. Just another tweak option for you to explore.

Susan Candelario
07-26-2011, 05:24 PM
The colors & mood are really nice. i like the softness in the water. Roberts repost makes it a stronger image. Agree with the above suggestion of lighting the RHS. I guess it was worth the long walk, Bob!

denise ippolito
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Bob, The water looks captivating. Beautiful soft colors and sheen to this, Roberts repost makes this a wall hanger!:S3: