PDA

View Full Version : Baobab Cluster

Morkel Erasmus
07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
This is another perspective from the cluster of iconic Baobab trees we photographed at sunrise one morning in Savute, Botswana.

I just love the light hitting them and the perspective the ultra-wide angle lens gives them.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM @ 10mm
f16 @ ISO-100
Blend of 3 exposures

Bob Miller
07-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi Morkel...love the light and great composition. You might try to bring up the shadows just a bit more!

Dave Mills
07-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Morkel, I feel you handled the image well technically. Personally I have a tendancy to like simple compositions due to my finding strength in them. While I like the light and the dominant foreground tree to my eye the other trees take away from the overall impact of the image.

Andrew McLachlan
07-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Morkel, I like this cluster of trees, very well handled, but agree with Dave that one against the blue sky would be very nice due to its simplicity.

Jay Gould
07-24-2011, 10:45 AM
The image is cool; one would be different - not better!

Rachel Hollander
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Morkel - I like this. On safari we often don't pause long enough to enjoy these types of sightings. Well composed and nice morning light.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey Morkel,
Great advice on the shadows and simplifying above....although as Jay say....different not always better. I think I would have liked this w/o the tree behind the main one.....even though the light gives seperation a step left to hide that one and eliminate the merge may have been the way to go. Just a lt going on here and given the restrictions often in place.....not sure you could have done anything different.

John Ippolito
07-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Morkel, I like this one a lot. The feel of the early light is wonderful, and I like the perspective of gazing up at these magnificent trees.

Morkel Erasmus
07-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks very much for the kind comments folks. I will go have a look if I have a more 'simplistic' comp lying in the folder...:e3