PDA

View Full Version : The Office

Roman Kurywczak
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Another from my Gillette Castle workshop with Susan Candelario a few weeks ago. Might be my favorite room!!! 5 images processed using photomatix and CS5. I had to really back up to get the chair and entire room....even with the wide angle lens! Had to save at 44 quality to fit.

Paul Lagasi
07-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Roman, when I first looked at this....my first thought was it needs a bit of CCR rotation. As always I downloaded it and found to my surprise the window on the left, the arms on the chair and the desk were perfectly level...:S3:.

Since the wall painting is almost in the centre, I might use it as my level point, as my eyes are drawn to it...but thats just me.

I love these images you created, the details, colors and compositions rock..well done

Susan Candelario
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Roman,
I know first hand what a tough exposure this is and you handled it with flying colors. Your HDR pp is awesome as well. I loved my office image from the first visit and concentrated in other areas this last time. But now... you've made me want to go back to revisit it next time. Although the kitchen at the castle is now a close favorite for me and not for the cooking. :bg3:
:cheers::5:cheers:

Cheryl Slechta
07-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Roman, I love the warm colors of the woods and all the details - it looks like a great place to visit!
Great HDR:S3:

Dave Mills
07-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey Roman, One thing that makes this place so unusual is all the detail in the walls,ceiling and furniture. You captured that detail perfectly along with a well balanced exposure. The comp is all inclusive and works well. I feel like I've been thrown back in time to a very special place. Nice job:5

Nick Palmieri
07-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Great composition Roman...Love the inclusion of the chair and the door on the left. I really like how you handled the lights as well. It was a fun trip. Can't wait to shoot Fonthill!

Christopher Miller
07-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi Roman, I love the warm colors and all the detail throughout the room. Very nice HDR work. Well done!

Judy Howle
07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
I agree with all the previous comments. Outstanding processing with pleasing colors and nice composition!

Andrew McLachlan
07-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey Roman, another awesome HDR :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Nancy Bell
07-23-2011, 08:09 AM
I just have to add that this is incredible! The fine details, the color, the angle, the HDR work...Wow!

Dave Woeller
07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Really like this too for all the reasons mentioned above, but I also like the contrast of the warm tungsten light on the walls and floor against the daylight reflecting on the front of the desk. It really sets that area off. I admire the processing as always :bg3:

Anita Bower
07-23-2011, 12:00 PM
My first impression was like Paul's--that a CCW rotation is needed, even though I see perfect vertical lines on the far left. I believe the rest of the verticals are tilted a bit, as are the horizontals. I don't do HDR, so I have a question: why does the image seem to orange? Does it have to do with HDR or with the colors and light in the room? You chose a good location for your photo and included many interesting objects.

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
My first impression was like Paul's--that a CCW rotation is needed, even though I see perfect vertical lines on the far left. I believe the rest of the verticals are tilted a bit, as are the horizontals. I don't do HDR, so I have a question: why does the image seem to orange? Does it have to do with HDR or with the colors and light in the room? You chose a good location for your photo and included many interesting objects.

Hey Anita,
Good questions.....many of the lines are due to the use of the WA lens.....so had to choose an area to keep vert. I will try horizontal perspective control on this too and see how that looks.

The color is from all the yellow lamps covers in the room combined with the grass on the walls as well as the wood. Even to the naked eye theh place glows yellow-orange......I even tried to tame it a bit!

Hope this answers your questions!

Anita Bower
07-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Anita,
Good questions.....many of the lines are due to the use of the WA lens.....so had to choose an area to keep vert. I will try horizontal perspective control on this too and see how that looks.

The color is from all the yellow lamps covers in the room combined with the grass on the walls as well as the wood. Even to the naked eye theh place glows yellow-orange......I even tried to tame it a bit!

Hope this answers your questions!
Yes. Thanks for the answers.

Stu Bowie
07-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Hey Roman, great HDR work here, and just love the colours. The fine detail in this, is incredible.