PDA

View Full Version : Deep Inside the Bloom

Roman Kurywczak
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I was going to post another insect.....but afraid we may be scarin' the girls away!:bg3: From my workshop at longwood gardens when they had the liliy festival. It was very busy after my workshop and I wasn't alowed to have a tripod inside.....HH, tight comps, and the twin flashes to the rescue!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at ISO 800 and f22 for 1/60 sec. and the MT24 twin lights at +2/3 HH.

jack williamson
07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Good comp and clarity as usual Roman. IT is hard to hold still this close. Well done.

Jack

Susan Candelario
07-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Great comp, exp & details, Roman! I really like the flow in the petals & your flash execution is fantastic.:5

Don Lacy
07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Wonderful colors in the petals and great detail in the stamens they look like tress growing in a valley:S3:

christopher galeski
07-23-2011, 05:59 AM
very nice image Roman,would be nice to see a little knome,sat on the green stamen in the middle.:bg3:thanks.

Steve Maxson
07-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Roman. Very nice comp - getting in tight like this. I like the sharpness and detail in the pistol and stamens and how they stand out from the softer petals in the background. The even lighting you achieved is also very nice - did you have to remove any specular highlights? (I seem to always get them in situations like this.) Very well done!

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi Roman. Very nice comp - getting in tight like this. I like the sharpness and detail in the pistol and stamens and how they stand out from the softer petals in the background. The even lighting you achieved is also very nice - did you have to remove any specular highlights? (I seem to always get them in situations like this.) Very well done!
I didn't have to remove any highlights Steve......which I have to on many other flowers. I think it is for 2 reasons.......the direction I point the stobes and the flower itself....this one wasn't shiny! I did have to remove a lot of dust bunnies.....time to clean the sensor!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Longwood Gardens? I used to live near there in Lansdale Pa. I really love this image with the great selective focus. Super sharp where needed and I like your angle as well.

Adrian David
07-24-2011, 03:14 AM
I really like this! The sharpness of the stamens and pistil, are spot on, and the soft surrounding petals are just right...:S3:

Valerio Tarone
07-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I was going to post another insect.....but afraid we may be scarin' the girls away!:bg3: From my workshop at longwood gardens when they had the liliy festival. It was very busy after my workshop and I wasn't alowed to have a tripod inside.....HH, tight comps, and the twin flashes to the rescue!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at ISO 800 and f22 for 1/60 sec. and the MT24 twin lights at +2/3 HH.

roman great compo, good glow, strong dof. Roman since at least 15 days I try to complain that I'm not able to upload photos in the forum, I insert my URL (which URL?) but I dont see pops up and nothing else appear. thank you if you could look into this. NB. I wrote mails to: J.Shadle, facebooked Robert Amoruso. My computer has been recently resetted for some errors. I see my name as registered in the top.

Roman Kurywczak
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Valerio,
I'll send this on to James and Chris. It says you are a partcipant. Are you using an outside URL?