PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up leftovers

Steve Maxson
07-22-2011, 09:21 AM
This is the same unfortunate dragonfly nymph from my previous post - the next day. It is now little more than a hollow shell and is being fed on by a smaller species of Predaceous Diving Beetle (Acilius spp.). The natural buoyancy of the beetle (due to the air stored under its elytra) has raised them both to the surface allowing the beetle to breathe while feeding. 2 gallon aquarium, 5D II, 100 mm macro, 1/80, f/16, ISO 100, MT24-EX macro twin flash (diffused), tripod, cable release. I removed tiny bits of debris from the water and ran nr on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Dang Steve!!!.....tehy just keep getting better and better! I personally like seeing the water surface.....let's see what others chime in.

Don Lacy
07-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Steve, I do not believe I have commented on this series but I have viewed all the images and they are all wonderful capturing and underwater world few know about.

Nancy Bell
07-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Yep, the whole series shows an amazingly different world! You do an incredible job, Steve. For this one I love the contrast between the solid diving beetle and the sucked out dragonfly nymph. You show all the details on the translucent nymph body so well. Interesting that more than one can feed on this nymph and not destroy the fragile body.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Steve this is awesome. Great dof and action. I like the crop too.

Jason Stander
07-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Absolutely inspiring image... great detail and exposure... VWD!:S3: