PDA

View Full Version : New Record: Used Macro Lens 2 Days in a Row...

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 04:25 PM
This Morning Glory was photographed at Ding Darling after a brief shower on the SW FLA IPT with the Canon 180 macro lens, the EOS-1D MIII, and the Macro Twin Light at -1 with a ratio of 1:4. ISO 800. Evaluative Metering +1 stop: 1/4 sec. at f/22. Thanks to participant and BPN Member Bob Blanchard who helped block the breeze!

All comments welcome. And later and love, artie

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Artie,
Couple of things...........was going to say crop from left to get it out of center (just kidding) :D:D:D.......but I looked at it and I like the way the lines draw you into the center. I was actually shocked to hear that you haven't been using your macro as I love it in time like you encountered and it's fun to find the small critters. My only nit is that the center stamen is a little lost and IMO if you applt Robert A's USM technique..........I think it will pop off the charts.
I see you've been very busy today and glad to see you in the other posts,
Roman

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I see you've been very busy today and glad to see you in the other posts Roman

Yes, I have been busy. I think that this is 68 posts for today. Playing catch up.

later and love, artie

Robert O'Toole
03-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks great artie, I even like the nice even lumin noise, it gives it a film style look.

Robert

Gayle Clement
03-29-2008, 08:08 PM
This one took my breath away when I saw it in you BAA Bulletin. The colors are magical and I love the raindrops.

John Cooper
03-29-2008, 11:28 PM
An attractive colour/pattern capture Artie - I like the compositional placement of the stamens and the rain drops are a bonus - Nice one!!!

Mike Moats
03-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey Arthur, two day in a row with the macro lens, you may get hooked. Love everything about this shot.

Vincent Grafhorst
03-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Lovely image Arthur, the soft colors and those water drops... excellent. Btw isn't it great to photograph other things and creatures besides birds? I cannot imagine myself being only a bird, landscape, macro, or whatever photographer, nature is just too diverse, interesting and beautiful!

Arthur Morris
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Btw isn't it great to photograph other things and creatures besides birds? I cannot imagine myself being only a bird, landscape, macro, or whatever photographer, nature is just too diverse, interesting and beautiful!

I do enjoy photographing other subjects, I just love the birds the best. And macro especially is hard work with all the bending down... Later and love, artie

Jonathan Michael Ashton
03-31-2008, 03:22 AM
Arthur, I reckon you should get that macro out more often, a great image - and the lens is a lot easier on that shoulder!
Jon

chad anderson
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
I love how the composition emphasizes the stamens rising out of the fog in the middle of the flower. It does seem a bit noisy though IMO. Congrats on your 2 day record, are you up for three?

Arthur Morris
04-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Does not look too noisy at this end. I struck out on three long ago...

later and love, artie

Kaushik Balakumar
04-03-2008, 02:27 PM
excellent image. liked the composition & the colours. looks a bit noisy though, but mine is not a pro monitor...