PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Egret with 3 chicks

Roman Kurywczak
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
In honor of this months theme and my new bpn bird gallery (link below sig) I've been working on some older slides as hopefully.....my PS skills have improved and I came upon this one from 2003 that fits the theme. I now remember how much a pain in the hindquarters slides were to PP.....especailly when black and white was involved! This is the first time I also realized how difficult getting all those heads in a good position! 100's of images.....a handful of images with the heads in correct positions. The BG was dark.....in the shadow at St. Augustine.....only specs are Canon EOS 3 with the 100-400mm lens and 1.4 and Kodak E100VS film tripod mounted. No other specs written down.

Chad Caswell
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
What a beautiful moment captured on the sensor.. whoops I mean film :t3 Whats a slide anyway... I never used one in my life LOL

Nice job on PP Roman!

Roman Kurywczak
07-21-2011, 02:25 PM
What a beautiful moment captured on the sensor.. whoops I mean film :t3 Whats a slide anyway... I never used one in my life LOL

Nice job on PP Roman!

Consider yourself lucky Chad!!! Slides were great.....when projected....but scanning and processing....another story! I can't beleive I had to use ISO 100 so often!

Grace Scalzo
07-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Roman, What a fine image. Love the mindful gaze of the parent and the alert chicks. Your gallery is quite impressive as well. Love it.

Melissa Groo
07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Roman, the composition of this just blows me away, it's just so...satisfying! What a work of art. Fantastic family portrait.

Sachin Saraf
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
What a wonderful moment....very special. Love the expressions on faces of chicks asking for food...TFS

Susan Candelario
07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
What a great family capture, Roman! Knowing the degree of difficulty and patience involved to acquire such an image, makes it even more special.
BTW your new gallery is Stellar!
TFS

arash_hazeghi
07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
great shot Roman, love the three chicks and their pose looking at mom. It is a classic shot! There is a slight blue cast on the whites on my screen which can be fixed in PS.

Bill Dix
07-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Superb composition. Love the family grouping. I can't imagine how much film you must have used to get one good one. I find the blue cast a bit distracting, given how fine the capture is otherwise. I'd also be curious to know what your scanning equipment/processing was. I have had limited success in scanning my old slides.

Vivaldo Damilano
07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
A beauty, really cute chicks and love the way they are all looking up... superb contrast with the dark BKG.

Stu Bowie
07-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Roman, you sure timed the HA's perfectly in this. Love the fluffy crests of all three chicks, together with the open beaks of two of them. They all stand out nicely from the darker BG.

gail bisson
07-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Great head position on all the birds. Love the black BG. I see a green cast on the parent's back feathers. Very cool, dreamy kind of shot,
Gail

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow Love this one. All head positions are great. Eager,hungry little chicks, so perfect.The Ps work gives a nice kinda softness to the chicks and I like that. Dof looks great as the mother looks sharp too and I really like the dark bg.:5

noelle zaleski
07-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I would love the capture this image. Very nice Roman :S3:

christopher galeski
07-22-2011, 04:20 AM
nice one Roman,good family image,agree on blue cast,thanks.