PDA

View Full Version : The Yawn

Michael Baranski
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi All
First post of an image. I took this at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray Beach, FL.
I don't have specifics on image properties but I was using a Nikon D80 with Nikon 80-400mm VR handheld. Thanks in advance to any constructive criticism.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4670173635_4b5ddef49d_b.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome Michael! Very nice first post but a bit more data....SS, f-stop, and ISO would help for critiquing.....the reason I mention this is it doesn't appear tack sharp.....plenty of culprits...from in the field setting to PP'ing....so harp to tell but I would at least run another round of sharpening on the eye area. That being said.....I do wish you had the bill tip area...even if it went OOF.....that bit of room would make it complete. All in all a very nice first post and if you can provide any more specs.....should help the mods that follow in critiquing.

annmpacheco
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome Michael. I too would like the full bill tip but I do love the neck position, with the feathers being so prominent and the colors. BG is great.

Michael Baranski
07-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately I lost a whole bunch of my RAW images after a puter crash a while ago. I was left with only the jpegs and can't get the f-stop info, SS and so on from them. I guess I shoudln't post my older stuff if I don't have that. I did not crop or alter this image at all so the bill tip was out of frame when I orginally took it. I am learning to play with my ISO and SS a lot more now but was interested in composition and exposure in this photo.

Roman Kurywczak
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Not a problem Michael.....just make a quick mention that you lost the specs due to crash (bummer) when you post......it just helps make life a bit easier.....but we'll still try to help even w/o them.

Michael Baranski
07-22-2011, 11:27 AM
This is actually the image I meant to post. Hence "the Yawn". But I secrewed it up and just went with it. But again I don't have any info on the pic. First post down and learning from my mistakes - LOL!!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6127/5964440754_636100ab68_b.jpg