PDA

View Full Version : anyone thinking about the new macbook air 7/20/11

Tin Man Lee
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I am really tempted! I was planning to get the 15 inch MBP but the weight savings of MBA is so nice. Now with the performance increase and thunderbolt I think I am ready to pull the trigger.

John Chardine
07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
It's a fantastic machine. A good local friend who is more of a Mac evangelist than me (which is a hard thing to be), and has owned them all, told me that his MBA was the best Mac he ever owned, and that was the last version, not this new one.

I think I would load up the 11" model for the best space savings of all.

Chris Poole
08-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Can I ask a question to those with these tablets ? say from a Nikon D700 to a iPad

What is the process for transferring pictures from your camera or memory card to the tablet ?

And is there any software required to view your images on the tablet ?

Can you edit on the tablet, resize etc... ?

Thank you as I have been looking at the iPad.

Norm Dulak
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I am really tempted! I was planning to get the 15 inch MBP but the weight savings of MBA is so nice. Now with the performance increase and thunderbolt I think I am ready to pull the trigger.

Hi Tim.

I don't know whether your have acquired a MBA yet, but I have the 13.3 inch model with 128GB flash storage. I like it because it's faster than the 11 inch, weighs only 1.9 pounds, and has a longer battery life. But I agree with John that if minimal space is a concern, go with the 11 inch model.