PDA

View Full Version : HDR for Roman

carole wiley
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I will be the first to admit I don't know a thing about HDR. So, why not take a workshop with Roman? A few short hours with a castle to yourself can result in some nice images for even the most ignorant photographer. Roman was great, and he brought along reinforcements in Susan and Nick. Three great photographers sharing their knowledge for an evening. I hope you like enjoy this....5 images at one stop apart. It may not be a prize winner but I find it peaceful and I love the idea of art, music, and biiks having a place in our lives. Thank you Roman

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
You are very welcome Carole!!! Looks like you are getting the hang of it pretty quickly! I might try to tame the spotlight a hair more.....not all the way as I like that you can tell it is spotlit.....but the rest came out excellent! Loks like a great place to relax! :cheers:

John Chardine
07-19-2011, 08:00 PM
This is beautifully done Carole. It doesn't look that much like an HDR image which is critical IMO. Too many of them look like dead giveaways. What software did you use?

Sounds like a real fun workshop!

Kerry Perkins
07-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Nicely done Carole, I love the colors and detail. Architectural photography is a real challenge and you did a great job here with the HDR.

Jeff Cashdollar
07-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Carole,

Nice job controlling the HDR ranges and not over doing it. Romans gave good feedback regarding the spotlight. Bright whites can be hard to control with HDR, important to ensure nothing is clipped to start with. Using 5 images, nice balance. Thanks for sharing well done.

Susan Candelario
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Carol,
Thanks for your kind comments. It was awesome shooting with you at the castle. Your exp, comp & pp are handled very well. I like the natural look to it. Great job!

jack williamson
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Carole this looks very well done to me, I think Roman was right on about the light. What lens did you use?

Jack

Nick Palmieri
07-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey Carole, Nice job! Really like this image. It sort has a smooth finish to it...I may clone out the thermostat off the wall but no biggy. Thanks for sharing. Wish you could come to Fonthill with us on Sunday.