PDA

View Full Version : Making the Next Generation

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Was at a photography conference this weekend and went to a butterfly place called Magic Wings in Mass. Indoors but crowded.....dark....and you have to HH! Cranked the ISO on the Mark lll to ISO 1250 and dropped the SS and F-stop as low as I dare! Fans were on so no help there.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at f14 for 1/80 sec. and ISO 1250 HH and the Mt24 twin lights at minus 1/3. NR run on BG. Saved at 77 quality. I rotated image 90 degrees CCW as I preferred the horizontal orientation versus the as shot vert.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-20-2011, 01:16 AM
I like the composition, the poses of both BF is very good but I esp like the one on right side. Color tones on wings is beautiful, nice details and the eyes are realy cool. I think croping a bit from both sides will also work.

bhavya joshi
07-20-2011, 02:10 AM
You captured nice moment, 3D feel.. Like the composition too. Good sharpness and Details on both Butterfly.. Nice Macro Roman..:c3:

christopher galeski
07-20-2011, 06:20 AM
nice one Roman,nice detail,magic BG,well done.

Steve Maxson
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Roman. It looks like you made the best of some challenging conditions and came up with an excellent image! Getting quality images inside a "butterfly house" is not as easy as one might think. Nice job getting both butterflies sharp against a soft, natural-looking background. I also like the lighting and comp. Very well done.

Jonathan Ashton
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Very nice inded Roman excellent detail under difficult circs. The background is unobtrusive - now I don't know what you think but I would suggest it has perhaps just a little too much NR - it appears totally structureless to me. I like the muted background but it perhaps just a little too smooth for want of a better word.

Roman Kurywczak
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Very nice inded Roman excellent detail under difficult circs. The background is unobtrusive - now I don't know what you think but I would suggest it has perhaps just a little too much NR - it appears totally structureless to me. I like the muted background but it perhaps just a little too smooth for want of a better word.
No problems Jon! The BG was quite far away (20 ft or so).....but I was pretty agressive because of the ISO. I could pull back and compare it and will let you know!

Dave Leroy
07-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Interesting comment about the NR and bg. Photo does have a slightly different feel to it, lovely but different. It also looks like a very ncie job on processing the b'flys. Good idea about rotating photo also.
Good for you to get an excellent result under difficult circumstances.

Dave

Nick Palmieri
07-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Nice one Roman. You manged to get the guy on the right to face you a little better than I did. Great job PP.

Susan Candelario
07-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Awesome capture all around! Nice sharp details & a great story as well. I happen to like the OOF b/g.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I reallylike these guys and think therecolors photograph so nicely. You got two and sharp on both. Not easy to do either. The overlapping leaves add a great texture and design and the bg... perfect. Great image IMO