PDA

View Full Version : Grey Headed fish eagle close up

RAM MALLYA
07-19-2011, 04:20 AM
I was trying to get a shot of this beauty from a steep angle and suddenly this bird made a dive for the fish and landed on a branch of a tree next to my cottage window i rushed in to my cottage and was not able to focus as this bird was too close and finally managed this full frame shot . This ones with the nictating membrane covering the eyes http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/14_pencil.png (http://www.indianaturewatch.net/editpost.php?id=247526)

Shutter speed 1/320
Aperture F/5.6
ISO 400
Lens 600MM L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N
On tripod
C&C welcome

Bill Jobes
07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Congratulations, Ram, on capturing the image and giving us a look at this beauty !

If you hadn't mentioned it, I'd not have guessed that the nictitating lens was employed. I've seen them engaged on some birds, and the eye looks much more opaque.

You may wish to consider a much-tighter comp, perhaps even an unconventional aspect-ratio, to take advantage of the close head detail available.

That would have the added benefit of eliminating the green leaf blur at LR and the bright, whitish leaf slightly toward lower center.

I'm intrigued by the hanging white feather fragment, and wonder what may have caused it.

RakeshDhareshwar
07-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Awesome luck to get this one so close !! Agree with Bill on a tighter crop . Wish you had a bettr HA on this one . Would have made it a winner !!

RAM MALLYA
07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
How about this crop ????

Grady Weed
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I have to agree with Bill Jobes above. Your repost is better. Nice image of a bird I've never seen before. I like the sharp eye and excellent feather detail. The body angle does not bother me since good eye contact has been made.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
07-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Excellent details with good exposure, the background is very good too. I might crop even more than the repose, especially on the left and top.

Wynand van Wyk
07-19-2011, 11:08 AM
A lovely portrait captured! Great detail and exposure. Well captured!:S3: